We are truly living in the digital age and this is reflected in all aspects of our lives, especially in business. Every single business should have a website, as this is the first thing any potential customer would want to see, and let’s not forget the awesome power of social media, with giants like Facebook, Instagram and Twitter that have literally billions of users. If you are planning to launch your own business, here is a guide to creating a digital marketing plan that should spearhead your launch and result in a steadily growing customer base.
- Define your Target Groups – The first thing to do is to think about your customers and try to categorise them into groups; you might, for example, have a company that sells clothing, and by looking at the age and sex of potential customers, you can form groups, which might number as many as 4 or 5. So, whether you are targeting middle aged professionals or sports-oriented teenagers, you can begin to think about the best methods to reach your target groups.
- Creating Engaging Content – Your online content is everything and should therefore be of the highest standards, and you should also create a ‘blog’ page on your site, where you can post engaging and informative articles on every aspect of your chosen industry. You should use text, images and video to bring engaging content to your site visitors and if you talk to a leading SEO company, they would be happy to help you formulate a dynamic digital marketing plan that is designed specifically for your company.
- Creating Social Media Accounts – Social media is a very powerful marketing tool that simply cannot be ignored, and by creating accounts with Facebook, Twitter and Instagram and posting high-quality content on a regular basis, you will gradually build up a large following and this should lead to increased sales. Indeed, social media should spearhead your digital marketing campaign by providing useful and engaging content on an almost daily basis.
- Search Engine Optimisation – Known as SEO for short, this service improves a website’s rankings within a search query, and the closer your company website is to page one, the better. If your site is ranked highly when a search is carried out using the right keywords, this makes your business accessible to so many online consumers, and with every business striving for that coveted number one spot, you will need to hire an SEO expert if you want your website on the first page of search results.
- Nothing is Set in Stone – When you begin to implement your digital marketing plan, it is important to analyse the effects, and over a period of time, adjusting your marketing strategies can really pay dividends. It is a good idea to only make one adjustment at a time, then you can see how this effects your site traffic and with some careful tweaking, your marketing plan should have a positive impact of site traffic and sales in general.
If you have zero experience in digital marketing, you are advised to contact an established SEO company, as they have the know-how to help make your business grow.